Friday, August 15, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Tell

Here we go for the second time with Five Minute Friday. You write for five minutes. Just dump it all out. No editing, no erasing (or a least very little of it.) If you would like to join in click the button on the right side of my blog and go learn all about it. =) It's lots of fun and a great exercise.This weeks prompt word is "tell."



"Tell me. Tell me now!" He jerked her back from her attempt to flee with enough force to stop her but not enough to hurt. Still she winced. "Please." His voice took on a pleading tone, "I need an answer. I need closure."

Her eyes filled with tears as they met his. "Don't ask this of me. It's not fair."

"I have to know. If it's over, if your ready to just throw it all away, then just tell me. Tell me so I can move on." His hazel eyes shimmered with pain but he held her gaze. For a moment her forgot everything except her eyes. Those beautiful green eyes. Wide and frightened now. In those eyes was everything and nothing at the same time. A promise of forever and the bitter sting of betrayal. "Tell me the truth. Do you still love me?"

The question hung in the air, thick like fog, weighing them both down. His heart hammered. She was taking too long to answer. But what did it matter what she said anyways. It was too late for them, she had made sure of that. The gold band on her left hand proved that. A band that did not belong to him. She did not belong to him. Not anymore.