Friday, August 22, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Change

New Five Minute Friday post. If you want to learn more about it and join in, go to the button over on the right of my blog. >>>>>>


Change. It's a scary thing. Most of us try to avoid it at all costs. Because it can be overwhelming and stressful. Routines are comfortable and reassuring and we know what is expected. Even people who claim to be spontaneous all the time get nervous when a large change is before them. The good news is that most of us also know that this is dealt with by just jumping into it and getting the change over with.  But what about those times when you really want change? When you are desperate for it...and it isn't happening. How do you deal with that?

I haven't figured it out. I pray. I hope. I try to have faith. But sometimes it is hard. Very hard. When even the smallest change in a situation is what you are hoping for and everything is staying exactly the same, it can become the most discouraging and frustrating thing in your life. It consumes me. All my hopes and wishes come back around to this needed change. All my questions of why and what am I doing wrong are about it. I can't move past it. I don't know where the next step is. I slip, I fall, I barely hang on. Do I let go and fall the rest of the way? Do I give up? Or do I clasp on a little harder and keep praying for Him to reach out and pull me up?

Change. It can be good or bad but it is never easy.