Sunday, August 18, 2013

Birthday Blues

So holidays of any sort are kind of lame when the man of the house is gone. My birthday was yesterday and I wanted nothing more than to celebrate it with my husband. Of course, that wasn't possible. He did manage to try and call on Skype. Wasn't the clearest call we've had but I was still happy to hear his voice and see his face for a few minutes. It had been days since that had happened. Those few moments were the best birthday present I could have received.

I'm am blessed with such wonderful family and friends too. They went out of their way to make my day special. I got tons of well wishes and heartfelt messages. My mom took me, my little sis, and my long time friend, Brittnee, out for lunch. We watched Singing in the Rain and ate popcorn. Seriously, I couldn't have asked for more. Every day I'm reminded of how God has blessed me. I couldn't have handled a day like this without the love and support and being kept busy.

How do you deal with holidays and birthdays when your loved one is gone?