Friday, December 2, 2011

We Found Love In A Hopeless Place

Ever found a song that pulls at some emotion u buried deep down? A song that seems to capture the true essence of a situation that u've been through and that no one who is in ur life now truly understands. U listen to the song and find urself wanting to pick up the phone and call the someone whom those emotions embrace and see if they are ok. Have u been there? I am tonight...
I went to a friends house tonight to catch up and while we were in her room she got on YouTube to play some music videos. I watched causally while she talked about what had been going on...until Rihanna's song "We Found Love" came on and then it was like I couldn't hear what she was saying anymore. I was focused on the song, the words, the flashes of images in the video. I was transported back into memories of a time before. A time that I try to hide from now. A memory I make excuses for and one where I never truly understood the emotions I felt. How could someone who didn't exist in those moments ever get it either? And is it so horrible of me to want comfort from someone who lived it with me?
It's not that I want to go back to it. It's not that I'm unhappy where I am. It's just...it IS a part of me and though people may find it a blemish in my appearance, I can't make it go away.