Wednesday, December 7, 2011

1 Year Under Our Belts

Well, today was my 1st Anniversary. Though having my husband actually here would have been nice, I was surprised at how much I still enjoyed the day. My husband really tried his best to make it a special day from afar.  He called early and spend several hours talking to me. Right in the middle of our conversation the doorbell rang and there was a gorgeous bouquet of all my fave flowers. Totally surprised me. He had them custom order Gerber Daisies cuz I love them so much. I've never had such a beautiful bouquet. I'm so loved and so lucky.








Aren't I just so spoiled!






I can't believe a whole year has gone by. Being married felt unreal to me and now realizing that I've hit that one year mark feels even more strange. Partly because my husband has been gone practically this whole year. There are still times that I wake up and feel like I must have dreamed it. I have to look at my hand at random times just to make sure the ring is still there.

It's been a rough year...but a good one as well. I've learned a lot about my own limits and grown a lot. And I can't regret all the amazing people I've met over the time either.

I've grew up rather sheltered. My parents did a great job teaching me about responsibility and how to save money but when it came down to the basics of taking care of myself (such as making phone calls and dealing with bills) I was lucky enough to have a mom who loved to do it for me. I like to be taken care of. My husband likes to take care of me. It worked out perfect...until he up and deployed and left me alone hahaha. This year forced me to really grow up and learn that I have the ability to do those little things. There were several melt downs and several moments where I just wanted to give up. I'm standing here today proud to say that I've made it and in only a few more weeks my husband will be home!

So here is to the next year and all the challenges it brings. Next goal...learning how to live with my husband actually being home with me! =S Wish me luck!

Keep L i/o ving!