Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sing Me A Song of Safety

I am glad for many reasons that I chose to move onto post. But right now, at this moment, while I'm lying in bed all alone in a house the #1 reason is safety. The fact that I can lay here alone every night and still feel safe is amazing to me. There aren't a lot of places in this world anymore that a lone woman is safe. Post happens to be a safe haven still.
Now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that you don't still need to take caution in protecting yourself and your possessions, there are still bad people on post, but the crime rate is so much lower. I still lock my doors and all but I don't feel like I need to sleep with a loaded gun next to me. I can be independent and not worry about someone thinking that means I'm an easy target. It helps that my neighbors have a dog that sleeps right next to my bedroom window hahaha.

These past few weeks have been great. They have flown by. With all the wives of deployed soldiers around there is always something going on and someone to hang out with. It really helps the days go by faster. I loved the friends I had in NC and I had a lot of good experiences that I would never trade for anything, but part of my wishes I had stayed on post for the whole deployment. I think things would have been a lot easier for me. But that's done with already so no need to dwell on it. I survived regardless. It's just nice to keep busy these last few months. Soon my husband will be in my arms again and this whole nightmare will be over. I swear it's gonna take days before I'm ok with letting him out of my sight again!
Surprisingly, though I haven't gone a lot yet, I enjoy what the gym has to offer here as well. (In case u don't know me well, I DESPISE working out.) They have about every kind of workout program/class possible. I've done a Zumba class which was a lot of fun and a great workout but made me feel like a clumsy idiot who has no rhythm....maybe that is what I am hahaha. I'm gonna be trying a class called Flaunt tomorrow morning. It's a "striptease" kind of workout. Hahaha sounds like a blast. Besides, any good moves that I learn I'm sure will be greatly appreciated by my husband *wink* =P Life is good, people. I'm seeing some real happiness on the horizon.

Keep L i/o ving!