Saturday, September 3, 2011

Lonely Is The New Look

Organic food, where have you been my whole life?! I totally used to think that all the organic mumble was just crap. Then I was actually convinced to shop at an organic grocery store. YUMMINESS!!!! Not only is it healthy and isn't scary to eat (seriously, do you have any idea what they put into some of the stuff we eat? It's terrifying! Like "I'm gonna kill over dead from something weird" kind of terrifying) but it also taste soooooooooo much better. So what if it's smaller portions than your normal grocery store, it's so worth it. Since when did we decide to trade flavor for size?! We are seriously missing out on true food bliss in this country! I say bring on the F-L-A-V-O-R!

So I had the apartment to myself all day today and I've really enjoyed it. It's been so quiet and I got to do whatever I wanted when I wanted. That includes napping in the middle of the day and running around in my underwear. True bliss. Sometimes being alone is a blessing. Not saying that I don't miss that man who put the ring on my finger but the simpleness of not needing to worry about someone else for a day is so relaxing. I had the ultimate "me time." I'm a firm believer that everyone needs a little time just to unwind and focus on nothing but themselves, even when they have found that person that completes them. It keeps things fresh and the mood light. Get out there and have some girl time! Get your nails done, get a massage, go dancing! Guys, go fishing or four-wheeling, go play some ball games with your buds. I know as a newly wed that that is the easiest time to forget that you don't have to spend every min with your spouse. Don't forget that you still have other friends! And friends, don't forget that we still need you in our lives even though we just got married! I know that was a kinda rough part of adjusting to marriage for me. It was like everyone thought I just needed to be left alone with my new husband. At times that was really nice but after a few days I was really missing my girls and conversation with other people. Getting married, moving to new places, all that newness can be overwhelming  and that's when we need the solidness of our bffs!
Yup, I have no idea why I went off on that tangent. Time for bed! Keep L i/o ving!