Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Army Wives are made of Flour and Sugar and...Chocolate Chips?

Today has been one busy day! Nothing makes me happier than to put a smile on someone's face and who deserve to smile more than our brave soldiers fighting overseas for us? Therefore, today I spent my time baking up a storm in an attempt to send a box full of delight to some of my boys over in Afghanistan. I'm exhausted but happy...and not even halfway done.
So I already had one loaf of zucchini bread in the oven when the idea of them possibly molding, while in the process of shipping, was brought before me. Talk about a slightly panicked moment! I'd already promised these boys more than cookies this time. Luckily, my darling friend found a wonderful solution for me. Bake the bread and cakes in a jar! That's right folks, pour the batter into a glass jar, bake it, then as soon as it is out of the oven screw the lids back on and in a few mins you'll hear the pop of the lid as the can seals itself! Genius! I'm hoping that they turned out alright since I've never tried this method before. I'm thinking of trying brownies this way as well seeing as my hubby LOVES brownies but I hadn't thought of a way to get them to him without them being gross either! I've got tons of idea floating around in my head now! Thank you so much, Danelle, for saving the day!